An estimated $117 million in prizes available to be won over the holidays23/12/2015
You might want to put a lottery ticket or two in a stocking or under the Christmas tree this year because between Lotto Max and Lotto 6/49, there is an estimated $117 million in prizes available to be won!
Lotto 6/49 has reached an estimated $12 million plus 5 guaranteed $1 million prizes on the December 23 and 26 Holiday Super Draws. And Friday’s December 25 Lotto Max jackpot is an estimated $60 million plus 35 Maxmillion prizes of $1 million each.
It’s anticipated that 40 percent of all lottery sales will take place on draw day afternoons with the biggest peaks during the lunch hour, when lottery retailers in B.C. are expected to process up to 4500 transactions per minute.
- Lotto Max launched on September 19, 2009.
- There have been two $50 million Lotto Max jackpots won in B.C.
- Odds of winning a jackpot or $1M Maxmillion prize: 1:28,633,528.
- 94 $1 million Maxmillion prizes have been won in B.C.
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win the corresponding Maxmillion prize.
- Lotto 6/49 launched on June 12, 1982.
- Odds of winning a Lotto 6/49 jackpot: 1:13,983,816.
- 43 Guaranteed $1 million Prize Draws have been won in B.C.
Lotto Max and Lotto 6/49 can be played at all lottery retailers or online at PlayNow.com, with tickets