Share Your Feedback
skip to page content

How Gambling Works

skills-knowledge-thumb

Skill & Knowledge

Learn how skill and knowledge factor into games of chance

Learn more »

Finding Help

problem-gambling-help-line

Finding Help

If you find yourself gambling too much, or if it no longer feels like a game, there’s help if you need it.

Learn more »

For more information, please contact:

BCLC Media Relations
604.225.6460
mediarelations@bclc.com

 

hamed-rahmani

European Vacation “Guaranteed” for Latest Lotto 6/49 Winner

04/07/2014

Hamed Rahmani has already plotted how he’ll spend his jackpot after winning the Guaranteed Million Dollar Prize for the July 2nd Lotto 6/49 Draw.

The West Vancouver resident purchased his winning ticket at the Shell gas station on Victoria Drive and Hastings Street in Vancouver, and checked the winning numbers on PlayNow.com the next day.

“I saw on your website it was the guaranteed million dollar winner and I called the BCLC office (to confirm). The ticket was in my shirt pocket since Wednesday night and I hadn’t signed it!” he laughed. Rahmani immediately shared his good news with his girlfriend, but didn’t tell her how much he’d won, just that he would take care of all her student loans. He also told his immediate family the good news.

Immediate plans for the million dollars include putting 10 per cent aside for fun and a European vacation this summer, and investing the other 90 per cent to gather interest and enjoy for years to come.

Lotto 6/49 is a nationwide lottery game drawn on Wednesdays and Saturdays after 6 p.m. (PT). Each draw includes a Guaranteed Prize Draw of $1 million. Players can purchase tickets at any lottery retailer or at PlayNow.com.

Posted in: lotto 649, guaranteed prize draw, winners, weekly draw, lower mainland