Lottery excitement builds with a record $55 million Lotto Max jackpot15/07/2015
For the first time in Lotto Max history, players will have a chance to win a $55 million jackpot on the July 17, 2015 draw. Adding to the excitement, players will also have a chance to win 30 Maxmillion prizes of $1 million each on the July 17 draw.
Players across the country made it clear that they wanted to see the main jackpots grow, which is why Lotto Max changed the prize structure of the game to offer jackpots up to $60 million, with the jackpot increase taking effect on July 17.
It’s anticipated that 40 percent of all Lotto Max sales will take place on Friday with the biggest peaks during the lunch hour and afternoon, when lottery retailers in B.C. are expected to process up to 4,500 transactions per minute.
- Maxmillions will still continue to grow after the jackpot reaches $60M
- Lotto Max has been offering jackpots up to $50 million for five years and has offered a $50 million main jackpot 83 times. A $50 million main jackpot has been won 33 times.
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers.
- Odds of winning a Lotto Max jackpot or Maxmillion prize are one in 28,633,528 per play.
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play.
- If the July 17, 2015 jackpot is not won, the jackpot may grow to its new maximum of $60 million for the draw of July 24, 2015.
Also starting with the July 17 draw, Lotto Max customers in B.C. will have until 7:30pm (PT) on Friday evenings to purchase a ticket for that night’s draw. The ticket purchase cutoff time for Lotto 6/49, BC 49 and the Extra have also all been moved to 7:30 p.m. on draw day. Please visit your lottery retailer for details or bclc.com.