Lotto Max excitement hits B.C. with $100 million in prizes!13/03/2014
Excitement continues to build among lottery players as LOTTO MAX prizes grow to record levels. This is the fourth time in Canadian history that a lottery prize pool has reached this level, tipping the scales at $100 million.
Players have until 6 p.m. Friday, March 14 for a chance to win the $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpot as well as 50 MAXMILLION prizes of $1 million each.
“Excitement is really building across Canada,” said Kevin Gass, VP of Lottery Gaming at BCLC. “Players in B.C. tend to be ‘jackpot chasers.’ They get in on the action when jackpots are huge and this is one of the largest prize pools we’ve ever had.”
Around 40 per cent of all LOTTO MAX sales for the weekly game take place on Friday, with the biggest peaks during the lunch hour and afternoon, when lottery retailers in B.C. are expected to process up to 1000 transactions per minute.
- Draws held every Friday night.
- A $5 ticket features three chances to win.
- Tickets can be purchased until 6 p.m. (PT) on the day of the draw.
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers.
- Odds of winning a LOTTO MAX jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are one in 28,633,528 per play.
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play.
- When the LOTTO MAX jackpot reaches $50 million, prizes of $1 million MAXMILLIONS are added.
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION prize.
- Release forms for office pools or groups can be obtained at any lottery retailer or bclc.com.
LOTTO MAX can be played at any lottery retailer or on PlayNow.com. Winning numbers can be found at bclc.com following each draw.