Memorable B.C. lottery winners of 201531/12/2015
Every year lottery players in B.C. win hundreds of millions of dollars and this year proved to be no exception. 2015 was the year of the millionaire with 12 Maxmillion winners and 15 Guaranteed Prize Draw winners from B.C.
BCLC met some fantastic winners in 2015, who were excited about their jackpots and about their dreams coming true. As they collected their cheques, winners discussed their plans which ranged from new cars, new homes and kitchen renovations to globetrotting, paying off bills, sharing the wealth with family, and giving back to their communities. Every winner told us about a different dream which is now in reach. Below are a few of our favourite winners of 2015.
- Lisa Marie Draganiuk of Delta: She won $12.5 million on the June 5 Lotto Max draw. “The first person I’m going to tell is my mom when I pick her up from work… from a job she never has to go back to.”
- Annand, Eric and Friedrich Mayrhofer of Langley: The family won $50 million on the March 14, 2014 Lotto Max draw and collected their winnings in December 2015. This wasn’t the first time Fred has won the lottery. “When I claimed the $3,000 I told the clerk at the prize claim counter that I would see her again – but I never imagined it would be for a win this size!”
- Frank Senger of Grand Forks: He won $5 million on the February 18 Lotto 6/49 draw. “I knew eventually I was going to win, it was just a matter of when.”
- Violet McLeod of Burnaby: She won the Guaranteed $1 million prize on the May 23 Lotto 6/49 draw. “The first thing I’m going to do is put on my nightgown and lay on the couch, and then I’m going to imagine myself rolling in a million dollars worth of bills.”
- Deanna Kyncl and Sahel Sobhani of Vanderhoof: The friends won the Guaranteed $1 million prize on the February 7 Lotto 6/49 draw. They are business partners and had a tire fall off their aging car just days before they collected their prize. “This win will smooth the road of life for us.”
Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Max are nationwide lottery games drawn weekly. Players can purchase tickets at their favourite lottery retailer or at PlayNow.com.