Social Responsibility is one of our three core values, along with Integrity and Respect. As a Crown corporation, we’re responsible for conducting and managing gambling in a positive economic, social and environmental way, for the benefit of British Columbians.
We work to earn public trust as well as the trust and respect of our employees, players, suppliers and service providers. To truly have a positive impact on B.C., we are committed to social responsibility, which includes responsibly managing our resources.
The SR Charter
In 2015, we updated our Social Responsibility Charter that outlines four commitments to support BCLC’s corporate goals:
- Player: Keeping responsible gambling at the heart of our business.
- People: Creating a fun and engaging work environment with a strong culture.
- Public: Supporting our communities, nurturing partnerships and cultivating sustainable actions.
- Profit: Generating economic activity and creating benefits for British Columbians.
Read the full SR Charter here.
BCLC has a number of governance practices in place at different levels of the organization to ensure Board and executive management have sufficient authority and accountability over social responsibility strategy, reporting and strategic initiatives. Ongoing work to improve our SR governance and management performance include the following areas:
- Adopting a long-term SR vision for BCLC
- Increasing Board oversight on SR performance against strategies, metrics and targets
- Building Board capacity to understand SR implications of major business decisions
- Including SR education and awareness in director recruitment, orientation and evaluation