Greenhouse Gas Emissions
As a Crown corporation, BCLC is a carbon neutral organization as part of BC’s Carbon Neutral Government directive.
Here are some headlines:
- We achieved our 2020 goal of reducing reportable greenhouse gas emissions by 33 per cent against a 2007 baseline in 2015.
- We reduced our greenhouse gas emissions from their peak of 1,676 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent in 2008 down to approximately 900 tCO2e each year.
- We use video–conferencing between Kamloops and Vancouver whenever we can. By avoiding travel, we estimate that we’ve avoided emitting 250 tonnes of greenhouse gases.
- Our Vancouver office building was awarded the LEED® Gold certification for commercial interiors and ahs many water and energy-saving features, as well as bike rooms and showering facilities.
- We compost organics in the Vancouver and Kamloops offices, becoming the first business in Kamloops to have an office composting program.