BCLC employees highly engaged for fourth consecutive year07/06/2013
Every year we ask our staff to give us their observations of working at BCLC. For the fourth year in a row, employees have indicated they are very much engaged at work with an 82 per cent engagement level.
Our 82 per cent engagement level for 2013 mirrors the result we’ve received over the last four years. As a corporation we’re very pleased that our engagement level remains consistently high in comparison to other organizations in Canada, based upon Ipsos’ representative database. In 2013, there was a statistically significant increase in some key areas including:
- Job expectations motivate employees and BCLC inspires employees to do their best work
- Respectful workplace and sense of value for unique skills each person brings to their position
- High department morale
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive benefits package
- Employees would recommend BCLC as an employer to family and friends
We think we have a lot to be proud of while also recognizing there are some areas that require further attention and improvement in order to retain and foster the qualified, innovative workforce at BCLC.
After all, it’s our employees’ enthusiasm, drive and expertise that helps us create outstanding player experiences and ultimately deliver over one billion dollars in revenue to the Province to help fund essential services like healthcare, education and social programs.