Langley Lotto Max Ticket Hits $50 Million Jackpot18/03/2014
Lottery players in B.C. should be checking their tickets this weekend. The winning ticket for the March 14 draw LOTTO MAX draw was sold in Langley, B.C.
This win ties the largest lottery prize ever won in B.C.
The winner has not yet come forward and has one year from the draw date printed on the ticket to claim their prize.
Winning tickets for two MAXMILLION prizes on the same draw were sold in B.C. A ticket sold in Surrey won $1 million and another Port Alberni will claim $333,333.40, sharing the win with two other tickets.
A ticket holder in the Malahat - Juan de Fuca region of Vancouver Island said 'Yes' to the Extra and the winner will claim $500,000 after matching all four numbers on the same draw.
- The largest single prize ever won in Canada was a $54 million Lotto 6/49 jackpot in Alberta in October 2005.
- The March 14 LOTTO MAX jackpot win ties the largest lottery prize ever won in B.C.
- The most recent LOTTO MAX jackpot won in B.C. was a split $50 million jackpot on November 1, 2013 ($25 million in Victoria).
- The number '18' has been drawn the most times of all LOTTO MAX draws.
- Odds of winning a LOTTO MAX jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are 1:28,633,528.
- Last year, lottery players in B.C. won more than $581 million.
LOTTO MAX can be played at all lottery retail locations and online at PlayNow.com, with tickets available until 6:00 p.m. (PT) on draw day (Friday). Winning numbers and group release forms can be found online at bclc.com.
A fact sheet is available here