Lottery excitement builds with a record $60 million Lotto Max jackpot24/09/2015
For the first time in Lotto Max history, players will have a chance to win a $60 million jackpot on the September 25, 2015 draw. Adding to the excitement, players will also have a chance to win 25 Maxmillion prizes of $1 million each on the September 25 draw.
Players across the country made it clear they wanted to see the main jackpots grow, which is why Lotto Max changed the prize structure of the game to increase the jackpot cap from $50 million to $60 million. The changes came into effect on the July 17, 2015 Lotto Max draw which offered a jackpot of $55 million. This Friday’s draw marks the first time the Lotto Max jackpot has reached $60 million.
It’s anticipated that 40 percent of all Lotto Max sales will take place on Friday with the biggest peaks during the lunch hour and afternoon, when lottery retailers in B.C. are expected to process up to 4,500 transactions per minute.
- Maxmillions will continue to be offered when the main jackpot reaches $50 million
- In July 2015, a single ticket from Quebec won the $55 million Lotto Max jackpot – if a single ticket wins the $60 million jackpot, it will set a new record in Canada
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers
- 89 Maxmillions have been won in B.C.
- Odds of winning a Lotto Max jackpot are one in 28,633,528 per play
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play
- Lotto Max customers in B.C. have until 7:30pm (PT) on Friday evening to purchase a ticket for the draw from their favourite lottery retailer or on PlayNow.com