New Canadian lottery record set with $21 million Lotto 6/49 ticket sold on PlayNow.com in B.C.15/08/2016
A British Columbian set a new Canadian lottery record by purchasing a winning Lotto 6/49 ticket on PlayNow.com worth $21 million – now the largest-ever online lottery prize won in Canada. The winning ticket was purchased in B.C. on PlayNow.com for the August 13, 2016 Lotto 6/49 draw.
Previously, the largest online lottery win in Canada was a $7.6 million Lotto 6/49 prize, which was won by a Nanaimo resident on December 4, 2010.
The specific city where this ticket was purchased and the winner’s name will be announced after the winner comes forward to claim their prize. Winners have one year from the draw date printed on the ticket to claim their prize and will join a growing list of British Columbians who have struck it rich with Lotto 6/49.
LOTTO 6/49 FACTS:
• Lotto 6/49 launched on June 12, 1982.
• 69.5 per cent of Lotto 6/49 tickets are sold via Quick Pick.
• Odds of winning a Lotto 6/49 jackpot: 1:13,983,816.
• Guaranteed $1 Million Prize Draw winners in B.C. since September 2013: 50
• PlayNow.com is the only legal online or mobile gambling website in B.C.
• PlayNow.com operates under strict regulatory controls and employs the highest standards to provide British Columbians, who choose to gamble online, a website they can trust.
• The proceeds from gambling on PlayNow.com benefit all British Columbians through education, health care and community services.
• In fiscal 2015/16, $46.3 million was awarded to PlayNow.com winners in B.C.
Lotto 6/49 can be played at all Lotto retailers or online at PlayNow.com, with tickets available until 7:30pm (PT) on draw days.