PEI winner hits $333,333 Lotto max win while on vacation in BC14/11/2014
While celebrating the birth of her first grandson in British Columbia, Brenda Bernard of Charlottetown, P.E.I. decided to buy a lottery ticket.
Unbeknownst to Brenda while she finished the trip, was her ticket had matched 7/7 numbers on the March 14, 2014 LOTTO MAX draw to win $333,333.40. She shares the $1 million MAXMILLION prize with two other winners from Ontario and Quispamsis, NB.
“I remember I bought the ticket while visiting my daughter in Port Alberni, and then I put it in my wallet to check later,” recalls Brenda. “When I got home to Prince Edward Island I checked the ticket online and thought I’d won $60.”
Not knowing the real value of her prize, Brenda mailed her ticket to the BCLC office and even included a self-addressed stamped envelope to return her prize.
“About a week later I got a call from BCLC,” described Brenda. “They said I needed to come to their office to claim her prize because they would not send a prize of that amount through the mail. It was then I learned I had won a third of a million dollars.”
Brenda purchased her ticket at the 7-Eleven on Redford Street in Port Alberni. She is planning to take a nice warm trip to Hawaii when the weather gets bad this winter.
Another major win from the March 14, 2014 draw has yet to be claimed; a $50 million ticket sold in Langley, B.C. remains unclaimed and ties the largest prize ever won in B.C.
- Draws held each Friday night
- Each $5 ticket features 3 chances to win (7 numbers each)
- To win a jackpot players must match 7/7 numbers (from 1-49)
- Odds of winning a jackpot are one in 28.6 million per play
- When a LOTTO MAX jackpot reaches $50 Million, ticket sales fund additional $1 Million prizes called MAXMILLIONS
- Each MAXMILLION jackpot has its own separate draw following the main draw
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win a corresponding MAXMILLION prize