Claim a Prize
Congratulations, you've won! Now what?
Extending tickets expiry date: To help stop the spread of COVID-19 and support physical distancing requirements, BCLC has extended the expiry by six months for tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020. Learn more
Know before you claim
- Please sign your ticket with your full legal name in the front of the ticket and completely fill out the back of the original winning ticket (including name, address and telephone number). Prizes will only be paid out to the rightful ticket owner(s) or Group Trustee.
- You will require two (2) pieces of valid government-issued ID that includes a recent photo, date of birth and full legal signature.
- All tickets are valid for one year after the date of the draw. The expiry date for Scratch & Win is printed on the back of the ticket.
- Group claims $2000.01 and greater require a Group Prize Agreement Form. All prizes are made payable by cheque. Only claims greater than $25 Million will be paid via wire transfer.
- Tickets purchased in lottery jurisdictions outside BC must be claimed from the address located on the reverse of the ticket.
For all merchandise prizes, cash equivalent prizes, and bonus prizes please contact Customer Support at 1-866-815-0222.
How to claim your prize
All Lottery retailers must pay prizes up to $200 and may have the ability to pay prizes up to $2,000. However, please note that most retailers do not keep large sums of cash on hand for security reasons.
Mail-in your ticket to BCLC Player Services (Please see Mail-in process information below)
Lotto Express retailers are unable to pay prizes of any value.
BCLC is delighted to announce that as of July 5th, 2021 we have increased the threshold to $24,999.99 for the following three payment options.
Option 1: Claim your ticket in person at Regional Prize Payout location.
Regional Prize Payouts are available from Monday to Friday until 4pm. Each location has different opening times. Please click on the link for a full list of Regional Prize Payout locations. By order of the Provincial Health Officer, beginning on September 13, 2021, proof of vaccination is required to enter casinos, community gaming centres and bingo halls in B.C. Learn more about our health and safety measures.
Option 2: Request a Digital Prize Claim process by calling BCLC Customer Support at 1-866-815-0222.
Digital Prize Claim process allows you to claim from home which does require the claimant to have the ability to print and scan documents to BCLC in PDF format.
Option 3: Mail-in your ticket to BCLC Player Services by following the Mail-in process information below. Please note: Valid government-issued photo identification is required.
Please print and complete the Mail Declaration Form. Please read and follow the Mail-in process instructions prior to mailing you ticket to BCLC for payment.
Prior to mailing your ticket, please read the below instructions and mail your BCLC ticket to the Kamloops Player Services office at the following address:
P.O. Box 1080
Kamloops, BC V2C 6H2
1. All tickets that win over $2000 and are claimed via mail, requires a mail declaration form to be printed, completed and signed.
2. Tickets that win under $2000 do not require a mail declaration form to be completed.
3. Please sign your ticket with your full legal name in the front of the ticket and completely fill out the back of the original winning ticket (including name, address and telephone number). Ensure that a daytime telephone number is included, as the Player Services department may need to contact you for further information.
4. We also recommend that you make copies or take a picture of the front and back of the ticket for your records.
5. Please include a copy of valid, government-issued, photo identification (e.g. Driver’s Licence or BCID) along with the original ticket. In order to protect your privacy, BCLC recommends that when sending ID black out any identifying numbers (eg. Driver’s Licence Number). We also highly recommend covering any personal information that is not required for the claiming process, including your height, weight, eye and hair colour.
6. You may wish to consider the different options available through Canada Post/Courier when mailing items of value. All risks of mailing tickets to BCLC remain with the player and we encourage our players to use registered mail to track their ticket.
7. Please note: Due to COVID 19 safety restrictions, we have experienced some disruptions in the Postal Service. Please allow for up to 6 weeks for your prize claim to be processed. We thank you for your patience while we work diligently to process all prize claims as efficiently as possible.
Due to higher than normal volumes, email response time is between 7 to 10 business days. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to get back to you as soon as possible,
Please note: Our Kamloops and Vancouver offices are currently closed to the public.