Our media relations team helps members of the media track down information and coordinates interviews with winners and staff.
- The retail location where a winning lottery ticket was purchased is only announced after the winner has come forward to claim their prize.
- We release the name of the lottery winner only after they have completed BCLC's prize claim process.
- For major jackpots, we often coordinate winners' events for the media in our Vancouver or Kamloops office (or elsewhere) and will distribute a media advisory an hour or two in advance. If you're unable to attend, but would still like to interview the winner, call us, we'll do our best to have the winner call you at the end of the event.
- In order to protect winner privacy, we do not provide winner contact information.
- All media calls must be directed to Media Relations.
- If you want to interview one of our executives or employees, please contact Media Relations first, as we need to clear all interviews.
- If you're a member of the media and want to visit a gambling facility for interviews, filming or recording, you must first contact the facility's service provider - the operator of the facility. There are filming and recording restrictions in B.C. gambling facilities.
BCLC Media Relations
We monitor both of these points of contact and someone on our team will get back to you as soon as we can.