Membership Signup and Access
- Some Sites require that you become a member prior to use. A member is an individual who has properly fulfilled all Site sign up requirements, and has been granted a membership by BCLC to participate in that Site. If you choose to sign up for membership, you agree to:
- provide accurate and complete information when prompted to do so during the sign up process;
- maintain and update such information so that it remains accurate and complete;
- authorize BCLC to communicate with you about any matters concerning your membership, or to provide you with important information about new or existing Services available to all members for the particular Site you have signed up for;
Eligibility for membership
- be at least 19 years of age, and
- meet all other requirements of that Site.
Password and Security
If you choose to sign up, you will be asked to choose a username and password. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential. You are also responsible for any activity undertaken using your username and password. You agree to immediately notify BCLC if you suspect any unauthorized use of your membership, your username or your password.
Submission of Feedback and Other Content
- You acknowledge and agree that all information including stories, opinions, news articles, text, photographs, illustrations, logos, audio clips, images, information, data, graphics, messages or other materials (“Content”) appearing on the Sites or submitted to the Sites are the responsibility of the person or entity that originated the Content. By submitting Content to the Sites, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the owner of the Content, or have been granted all the rights necessary from the Content owner to submit such Content to the Sites;
- the use of such Content by BCLC will not infringe on the intellectual property rights or otherwise violate any law or any rights of any party. By submitting Content to the Sites, you automatically grant BCLC (or warrant that the Content owner has granted to BCLC) an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, modify, distribute, copy, transmit, display, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such Content, for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, commercial purposes, without any compensation to you, and such grant includes a waiver of your moral rights in the Content, or warrant that the Content owner has so waived; and
- BCLC is free to use any information that you submit using any "chat" or "feedback" function offered by BCLC, as BCLC in its sole and absolute discretion deems fit, without any compensation to you.
BCLC reserves the right to disclose any Content or information as required by law.
Links to/from Third-Party Websites
A BCLC Site may contain links to websites maintained by third parties. Such linked sites (each a "Linked Website") are not under the control of BCLC and BCLC is not responsible for the Content of any Linked Websites or any links contained in the Linked Websites. BCLC provides links to other websites only as a convenience and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the Linked Website by BCLC
BCLC cannot control which other websites ("Other Website") link to the Linked Websites and any such link does not imply an endorsement by BCLC of any Other Website.
You agree that you will not use any BCLC Site to:
- submit, post, upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes, reasonably appears to infringe, or otherwise violates or reasonably appears to violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights and proprietary rights;
- submit, post, upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit any Content that is, or may reasonably appear to be, defamatory, abusive, tortuous, harassing, vulgar, obscene or otherwise indecent;
- submit, post, upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit Content that contains viruses, corrupted files or any other material that may damage the operation of another's hardware or software;
- advertise, offer to sell any goods or services or make use of the Sites in any other way for any commercial purpose;
- conduct, display or forward "spam" chain letters or surveys that have not been authorized by BCLC;
- impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent any person, entity or affiliation with any other person or entity, including an employee of BCLC;
- falsify or delete any attributions, legends or other proprietary designations of the origin or source of software or other Content appearing on the Site or contained in a file that is uploaded;
- stalk, harass or harm anyone or threaten anyone in any manner whatsoever;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- violate any applicable local, provincial, federal or international law or regulation;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges; and
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
BCLC's primary language for correspondence is English. Language is restricted in the following chat rooms:
- On PlayNow.com in eBingo chat, only English is permitted
- On PlayNow.com in Poker chat, only English and French are permitted.
You acknowledge and agree that all promotions, contests, prizes, giveaways and other Site benefits are governed by and subject to all applicable Rules and Regulations, Game Conditions, Promotion Conditions, agreements or other terms of BCLC.
BCLC's Absolute Discretion to Refuse, Cancel or Suspend
Personal information BCLC collects from you during your use of the Site may be used by BCLC to:
- verify that you are permitted to access and/or use the Site;
- assist you with your access to and/or use of the Site, and verify your entitlement to any prize or giveaway and any other Site benefit;
- investigate unauthorized use of your username or your password;
- assist BCLC and its service providers with any aspect or operation of the Site;
- administer its marketing campaigns;
- provide a better experience for visitors to the Sites, improve products and services, help BCLC better understand its users' needs, and bring other products and services to your attention;
- conduct research, including compiling of gaming statistics;
- carry out surveys;
- administer responsible gaming programs including the Voluntary Self Exclusion program;
- expedite signup for any other Services, or offers by BCLC service providers;
- share with BCLC's service providers for the above noted purposes as deemed necessary by BCLC; and
display the name, alias, location and age of winners and chat participants.
Your personal information is collected and used in accordance with BC's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions regarding this may be directed to BCLC Customer Support at:
- 74 West Seymour Street, Kamloops, BC, V2C 1E2
- or via email
All personal information BCLC collects from you during your use of the Site is subject to BCLC's Privacy Charter.
All decisions of BCLC are binding.
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs or other Content in the Sites are forms of intellectual property owned by BCLC or forms of intellectual property authorized to be used by BCLC ("Intellectual Property"). Your unauthorized use of the Intellectual Property may be in violation of applicable federal or other law and could subject you to legal action. Unless otherwise specified, you may not copy, distribute, redistribute, reproduce, publish, republish, store in any medium, re-transmit, modify, exploit or make public or commercial use of, in any form, any of the Intellectual Property residing on the Sites.
Limitation of Liability — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
You expressly acknowledge and agree that the Sites are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and BCLC expressly disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
Indemnity — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
You expressly acknowledge and agree, for yourself, and for your agents, servants, successors and assigns, to indemnify and hold BCLC, its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, service providers and partners harmless against and from any and all claims or demands which may be made against any of them (including reasonable legal fees) due to or arising out of any aspect of your use of the Sites.
Contact Customer Support
If you have general questions or feedback, you can:
Provincial Customer Support Centre Hours:
Daily 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. Pacific Time