From Tumbler Ridge to Richmond, Merritt to Port Alberni, BCLC paid out lottery players in B.C. with a record-breaking $785 million in winnings this year.
In addition to the highest value of prizes paid out in BCLC’s history, a second record was set in 2019 when Richmond’s Joseph Katalinic won $60 million from the July 26, 2019 Lotto Max draw – the largest single lottery prize ever awarded in B.C.
“Playing the lottery is about the chance to have life-changing dreams come true and this year’s record-breaking amount of winnings has delivered bigger dreams than ever before for our players,” said Kevin Gass, BCLC’s Vice-President of Lottery Gaming. “Our players won more than 86 million times in British Columbia in 2019 – now that’s something to celebrate.”
B.C. also had a flurry of four consecutive $1 million Guaranteed Lotto 6/49 Prize wins from November 20-30, 2019: only the second time that has ever happened in B.C.
Relive some of B.C.’s biggest dream-realizing lottery wins here.
- Richmond’s Joseph Katalinic - $60M Lotto Max Winner
- Surrey’s Michelle De Roma - $39.5M Lotto Max Winner
- Merritt’s Rowena Inyallie & George Munro $25.9M Lotto Max Winners
- Telkwa’s Kenneth & Susan Salter $20M Lotto Max Winners
- Tumbler Ridge’s Vivienne Mills - $10.1M Lotto 6/49 Winner
- Port Alberni’s Madelaine & Harold Thomas - $5M Lotto 6/49 Winners
Last year, more than $1 billion generated by BCLC gambling activities, including lottery, went back into health care, education and community groups across B.C.
Remember, play for fun, not to make money. For more information, visit GameSense.com.