Hundreds of industry experts, researchers and policy-makers are gathering virtually for BCLC’s ninth-annual New Horizons in Responsible Gambling Conference on March 9 and 10, 2021, focused on resetting the future of positive play for the gambling industry in the current era of global change.
New Horizons 2021 kicks-off with a keynote address from Futurist Sanjay Khanna, titled:
Player Health Reboot: The Power of Foresight in Gambling Innovation. The conference features 14 sessions over two days covering topics including:
- Sports betting: Regulatory rules and lessons learned
- Day-trading and emerging risks
- Examining the future of cashless technologies
- Marketing with social impact
- Applying behavioural science to drive positive change
- Renewed approaches to effective player support services
- Video gaming, Esports and concepts of gambling
In addition to Khanna, an international list of speakers and panelists will lead discussions and learnings including:
- Dr. Sharon Collard, University of Bristol, Dr. Kahlil Philander, Washington State University: Retail “Investing” – Is a Tsunami of Day Trading Risk Coming?
- Dr. Eve Limbrick Oldfield, Centre for Gambling Studies at UBC, Omer Sattar, Sightline Payments, Trevor Penner, BCLC – Future Direction of Cashless Technology – Can RG Catch Up?
- Margaret Sigsworth, Gambling Support BC, Jennifer Gregg, Groundwork Counselling, Happie Poonian, BCLC – Compassion 2.0: Synthesizing Technology & Humanity
- Dr. Richard Wood, GamRes, Around the World with Positive Play – New Trends & Findings
- Dr. Brett Abarbanel, University of Nevada, Las Vegas - Is it Gambling? Breaking Down Esports, Video Games & Social Games