Lotto Max Changes Coming May 201909/11/2018
Lotto Max, Canada’s biggest lottery game, will soon have lottery players dreaming even bigger.
Beginning May 11, 2019, customers will be able to play Lotto Max every Tuesday in addition to the regular Friday draw. The new second draw every week means lottery players will see jackpots grow more quickly than ever before.
And for the first time ever in Lotto Max history, the main jackpot will be able to grow as high as $70 million – an amount no Canadian lottery has ever reached before.
When Lotto Max was introduced in 2009, a lottery game that offered multiple $50 million jackpots a year was unheard of in Canada. Then in 2015, the jackpot cap increased to $60 million, offering players an even bigger jackpot experience.
With the new Lotto Max gearing up to increase the main jackpot cap to $70 million, opportunities to become a millionaire with Maxmillions will continue when the jackpot reaches and exceeds $50 million.
The new Lotto Max enhancements follow an extensive game design process that included consultation with lottery players across the country.
Sales for the new Lotto Max start Saturday, May 11, 2019, with the first draw on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 and the second draw on Friday, May 17, 2019
- The main Lotto Max jackpot will be able to grow as high as $70 million
- Two draws a week: Tuesdays and Fridays
- No change to the cost of play: $5 for three selections of seven numbers
- $1 million MAXMILLIONS prizes will continue to be offered when the main jackpot reaches and exceeds $50 million
- Two brand-new prize categories
- Match 5/7+bonus
- Match 4/7+bonus
- Numbers will be selected from 1 to 50
- Odds of winning the main jackpot: 1 in 33,294,800 per $5 play
- Overall odds to win a prize: 1 in 7 per $5 play