City of Delta
Through an Expression of Interest (EOI) process, BCLC selected the City of Delta in November 2016 as its preferred host community for a potential new gambling and entertainment facility in Metro Vancouver’s South of the Fraser region.
Since then, BCLC has provided Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited with approval to relocate the Newton Community Gaming Centre in Surrey to the site of the current Delta Town and Country Inn.
Gateway has submitted a comprehensive draft proposal to the City of Delta for its consideration. The proposal – which details the size, scope and amenities of the potential gambling and entertainment facility – requires approval from the City of Delta in order for the development to proceed.
BCLC and Gateway Casinos and Entertainment are committed to engaging with the community regarding proposed plans.
Community information sessions:
- November 28, 2017 – Delta Town and Country Inn
- November 30, 2017 – Kennedy Seniors Centre
- December 11, 2017 – Tsawwassen Springs
- January 18, 2018 – Delta Town and Country Inn
- January 24, 2018 – Delta Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, Delta Town and Country Inn
As required by the Gaming Control Act, the City of Delta must also seek and consider community input prior to approving a potential gambling facility proposal from BCLC. As a result, the City will host an additional series of public information meetings across locations in Delta and Ladner from February 1 – 15, 2018:
- February 1, 2018 - Harris Barn, Ladner
- February 7, 2018 – Sungod Recreation Centre, Delta
- February 8, 2018 – Harris Barn, Ladner
Following this series of public information meetings, Delta City Council may begin to consider formally a gambling facility proposal for the Delta Town and Country Inn.
For further information on the proposed project and details on upcoming information sessions, visit: